Instituted in 1991, the GATRAConsumer Advisory Committee (GCAC) is made up of individuals who provide an open forum for general consumer and ADA related issues concerning GATRA’s fixed-route and paratransit services.
The GCAC meets quarterly, with specialized monthly subcommittee meetings.
The GCAC has a mailing list of about 200 people and organizations, with regular attendance from Councils on Aging, human service agencies and consumers of GATRA’s fixed-route and demand response services.
The Current Slate of Officers for Attleboro/Taunton:
- Chairperson: Kathleen Simpson
- Vice Chairperson: Jeffrey Heap
- Secretary: Jen Chaves
- Member at Large 1: William Parks
- Member at Large 2: Alice Maynard
- Member at Large 3: Marie Pludra-Turner
Upcoming GCAC Meetings:
- The next meeting is on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 10:00 am
Council on Aging/Senior Center, 44 Nook Rd., Plymouth, MA
- The next meeting is on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 1:00 pm
GATRA Offices, 10 Oak Street, Taunton, MA
- The next meeting: TBA
Multi-Service Center, Room #227, 48 Marion Road, Wareham, MA
Please Note: At the February 29, 2012 meeting, the Wareham GCAC agreed to meet on a quarterly schedule, instead of monthly. Transportation to and from GCAC meetings is provided free of charge by GATRA, and all meeting places are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
To arrange a ride to the next meeting, call one of the following telephone numbers by noon the day before the meeting:
- In Attleboro, 508-222-6106, extension 206
- In Taunton, 508- 823-8828, extension 206
- For TDD, dial 508-824-7439
For additional information about the GCAC or to be put on our mailing list, call Jen Chaves at the Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD) at 508-824-1367. The mailing list is strictly confidential and is not distributed elsewhere.