GATRA’s ADA Paratransit (Dial-A-Ride) Service for People with Disabilities
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) requires that complementary paratransit service (Dial-A-Ride) be available to persons with disabilities who are unable to use accessible public fixed-route bus services. In other words, ADA Dial-A-Ride will pick you up at your home and take you to where you want to go, as long as your origin and destination are within the GATRA service area. The area defined by the ADA is anywhere within a ¾ mile radius from the GATRA fixed-route bus service corridor.
Who is Eligible?
- Persons with a disability who are already ADA eligible.
- An individual with a disability that limits one major life function who cannot, because of the disability, use public fixed-route transportation.
- A person with a disability that, because of certain conditions, is not able to use the public accessible fixed-route transportation.
If you believe you are eligible for the above ADA service, please download and fill out the following applications:
- To download a PDF of the latest ADA brochure click here
- To download a PDF of the ADA Application Part A Click Here
- To download a PDF of the ADA Application Part B Click Here
You may contact us by mail or phone at:
Attention: Joanne Laferrara
10 Oak Street
Taunton, MA 02780
All information is confidential. Only our essential personnel will be provided with the information necessary to provide the transportation which you require. Your application will not be shared with any other person or company.
Dial-A-Ride for Seniors
GATRA also provides curb-to-curb transportation to passengers 60 years of age or older. If you are a senior and you would like to take advantage of our Dial-A-Ride service, please complete GATRA’s Statewide Access Pass and Senior application below. For additional information about eligibility requirements and making a Dial-A-Ride reservation, visit our Dial-A-Ride page.
- To download a PDF of the latest Dial-A-Ride brochure click here
- To print a copy of the Senior Application Click Here
Get a Statewide Access/Senior Citizen Pass and Save!
Statewide Access Passes are issued by GATRA to eligible individuals with a permanent or temporary disability or seniors 60 years of age or older. This photo ID entitles the bearer to reduced fares on all fixed-route bus transportation systems throughout Massachusetts, as well as the MBTA Commuter Rail. These discounted passes do not include Dial-A-Ride service. For an application for the Access Pass or the Senior Citizen Pass, call GATRA at 508- 222-6106, 508- 823-8828, or 508- 824-7439 (TDD).
Additional Services for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities:
Miles for Health
Boston Hospital Bus