Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Date: May 2, 2023
Under the general direction of the CFO, assists the CFO with day-to-day operations of the Accounting and Finance department, including but not limited to payroll and accounts payable through oversight of the Accounting Specialist, revenue and receivables, and full responsibility for maintaining the general ledger.
- Assist in the daily review process of all accounting data to include revenue, accounts payable, and payroll functions.
- Responsible for final monthly general ledger, making corrections, analyzing budget to actual variances, and providing explanations.
- Responsible for the preparation of other financial analysis as directed.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures pertaining to finance and accounting are being properly executed.
- Collaborate with CFO in managing cash flow.
- Assist the CFO with annual budget process as needed.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining financial activity for all Federal and State grants.
- Assist CFO and other Directors in the capital planning process.
- Collaborate with other staff in maintaining fixed asset records, specifically as it relates to financial reporting.
- Assist CFO and other Directors with responding to tax and state business reporting requirements.
- Keep up with payments to vendors and creditors.
- Communicate financial information to upper management as needed.
- Asist in the maintaining of financial records.
- Assist with external auditors and government examiners to ensure compliance with prescribed accounting methods set out in regulation law, not limited to, Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) rules, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with the preparation and issuance of the annual audit report as prepared by an independent audit firm in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 161B and Federal Transit Administration Regulations.
Performs related administrative and managerial duties as may be requested by the Administrator to ensure the ongoing success of the organization.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in one of the following is required: accounting, business administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least five (5) years of progressive professional experience in accounting, financing, or budgeting.
- Must have strong accounting skills and experience working with MUNIS is highly desirable.
- Ability to make decisions independently, set priorities, develop individual goals, measure progress, implement rewards and discipline as required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Extensive computer application experience.
- May work extended hours in accordance with business needs.
- Must have the ability to climb, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch when required.
- Must have good visual ability in order to complete tasks.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Occasional local travel nay be required.
- Finance & Accounting
- Compliance & Audit
Please submit resume to: email@example.com