GATRA provides contracted transportation services for:
- the consumers of MassHealth
- the Department of Developmental Services
- the Department of Public Health, Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- and Elder Services.
Please call 800-431-1713 to set up reservations for GATRA’s Human Services Transportation.
Transportation is available to eligible MassHealth recipients with a valid PT1 form, which is submitted by their healthcare provider and approved by Masshealth. Eligible recipients contact GATRA directly to schedule their transportation and members are transported to and from medical appointments by privately-owned Transportation Providers. GATRA provides Non-Emergency Medical Transportation services to MassHealth consumers residing in Bristol and Plymouth counties. GATRA has contracts with approximately 50 privately-owned transportation providers, in order to accommodate the transportation needs of members
Department of Developmental Services
GATRA provides transportation brokerage services for qualified consumers of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), covered through the Bristol & Plymouth County area offices. DDS transportation consumers are transported daily to various DDS/DayHab programs across the area. GATRA accomplishes this through a competitive bid process of awarded routes to approximately 12 privately owned Transportation Providers.
Becoming a transportation provider through GATRA’s brokerage
GATRA acts as a Human Services Transportation (HST) broker and arranges transportation, for clients/consumers of one or more state programs, by subcontracting with qualified privately owned transportation providers.
By participating in the HST Brokerage System, the transportation provider is under contractual agreement to provide safe, professional and on‐time service, which is provided with dignity and respect for eligible HST consumers.
- Organization must have a minimum of 1 year providing medical transportation
- Organization must be registered with the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Organization must provide a “Certificate of Good Standing” from the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts which proves good tax standing
- Organization must have an office or branch that operates in or near GATRA territory
If your organization meets these minimum requirements you may take the next step by filling out a Human Service Transportation Provider Application. To obtain this application, please email Inquiries@gatra.org and type “application” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!