As a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, GATRA contracts with a number of outside companies to perform transportation services within the 28 communities that comprise our service area. Depending on the position and the location of the individual job opening, please contact the following:
Van Driver Position – Carver Council on Aging:
The Town of Carver is presently accepting applications for a part-time on call GATRA Van Driver for senior population transportation needs. Two days per week with an hourly compensation of $12.72. Open until filled. AAA/EOE. Applications are available at:
Carver Town Administrator’s Office
108 Main Street
For Positions in GATRA’s Administrative Offices Only:
10 Oak Street
Taunton, MA 02780-3950
Facilities Manager – Capital Projects Coordinator – Posted 10/21/16
Based in Taunton, Massachusetts, The Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) develops, finances, and contracts for the operations of mass transportation facilities and services within 28 diverse communities stretching from Southern Norfolk County and Northern Bristol County, all the way to Plymouth County and the South Shore. GATRA’s mission is to provide quality transportation services that improve quality of life and assist customers in becoming more transportation independent. As Facilities Manager – Capital Projects Coordinator, reporting to the Administrator, you will be an integral part of furthering that mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Principal advisor to the GATRA Administrator on all buildings, grounds and capital projects matters.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all facilities and capital projects initiatives, including but not limited to construction projects, landscaping, security system installation, painting, etc.
- Responsible for preparation and execution of vendor contracts.
- Responsible for the Coordination of all internal and external parties involved in the execution of facilities and capital projects initiatives.
- Responsible for the review of all invoices, change orders and scope changes. Ensures that appropriate insurance is in place for all contractors.
- Responsible for monitoring contract performance standards and implementing appropriate performance measures and methods.
- Responsible for management of the Taunton Terminal and Commuter Rail Stations operations including, but not limited to, utilities, tenant leases, rent payments, security and risk management and general maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Attend meetings with engineers, architects and local officials as necessary or as directed by the Administrator.
- Other related responsibilities assigned by the Administrator. This unique organization offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a friendly work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or facilities/project management.
Desired Experience & Ability
- Facilities Management experience; preferably complex buildings and grounds management.
- Project management experience with strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage external contractors, multiple projects and deadline
- Contracts management experience with strong attention to RFP process and contract compliance
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and various database applications.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME TO: HR Alternatives at 335 Grange Park, Bridgewater, MA 02324 or via email to: info@yourHRalternatives.com
GATRA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA requirements.
Customer Service Representative
The Greater Attleboro-Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) is seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative to take calls and schedule transportation in a busy call center. Applicants must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office. Excellent customer service skills required. Bi-lingual helpful. Compensation is $12.00 per hour. Please send resumes to the GATRA Brokerage Dept., Attn: Brian Damaso, 2 Oak Street, Taunton, MA 02780. Deadline: 01/13/2017. GATRA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to: GATRA Brokerage Dept., Attn: Brian Damaso, 2 Oak Street, Taunton, MA 02780.
GATRA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Positions in the Attleboro/Taunton Area (PTM Only):
Part-time Drivers – Posted on 12/15/16
CDL drivers with airbrakes and passenger endorsement to operate buses AND CDL drivers with passenger endorsement only to operate vans. Part-time 23-25 hr/week. Must have clean driving record. We drug test. Accepting Applications M-F 8am-4pm at 2 Oak Street, Taunton. No resumes will be accepted without a completed application. Please bring a copy of your driving record and license. Application also online – see below. Need application, license and driving record to be considered for an interview. EEOC/AA Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.58 to $19.77 /hour
2 Oak Street, Taunton
(8:30 am-4;00 pm)
For Positions in the Mansfield and Wareham Area Only:
There are no open positions at this time.
1001 Bedford Street
Bridgewater, MA 02324-3013
For Positions in the Plymouth Area Only:
There are no open positions at this time.
Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Co.
8 Industrial Park Road
Plymouth, MA 02360-4828